Geomatics is the contraction of “Geography” and “Computer”.
The evolution of geographic information technologies since the 80s has led to significant changes in the use of mapping for land management.
Changes to software made accessible to potential users, the methods and tools called “Geomatics“.
Teaching Geomatics is multidisciplinary and provides access to four major families:
These are all technologies to produce geographic information via measurements (positioning, aerial or satellite imaging …) to characterize their quality and reliability.
The nature and variety of geographic data are very important in volume of information’s. The effective and quick use becomes possible with computer technologies.
Geographical data and GIS intended to be used by professionals in various economic sectors: Geomatics should respond to their needs by adopting their view while remaining accessible to these public non-specialists. Geomatics is a meeting between an expert to understand the challenges of an application domain and a non-specialist professional.
- Geography; topography; navigation;
- Planning and Urban Development;
- Flight simulators, navigation;
- Remote sensing,
- Geomarketing; hydrography; Marine biology;
- Forestry; agriculture;
- Public Safety;
- Emergency Measures;
Professionals working in the area of geomatics and its software :
- Expert in Geomtics
- Project Manager
- Engineer: Geographic Information System,
- GIS Administrator,
- Cartography specialist
- Data processing manager
- Spatial databases
- INFORMATIQUE DEVELOPPEMENT
- AMENAGEMENT DU TERRITOIRE
- APPLICATIONS DE LA TOPOGRAPHIE
- CADASTRE ET TRAVAUX SPECIAUX
- SYSTEME D’INFORMATION GEOGRAPHIQUE SIG AVANCE I
- MODELISATION ET ANALYSE DE L’INFORMATION SPATIO- TEMPORELLE I
- LANGUES ET TECHNIQUES DE COMMUNICATION
- PFA II (45H) PROJET TOPOGRAPHIE CARTOGRAPHIE
PROJETS METIERS :
- Projet Spatiocarte
- Projet Orthophoto
- Projet lotissement
- Projet GPS RTK applique au cadastre
ETUDES SYSTEMIQUES :
- Infrastructures, aménagement et gestion urbaine
- Morphométrie et risque naturel
- Eau, ville et environnement (EVE)
LANGUE ET PROJETS :
- Anglais de la spécialité
- Concepts managériaux de la profession
- Projet de synthèse : Géomantique et Topographie
Projet de Fin d’Etudes -PFE (450h)